How to Prepare Your Learning Challenge Application
We’re SO excited you’re interested in the GripTape Learning Challenge and eager to know what you’re passionate about and your plans for learning it!
GripTape Learning Challenge Guidelines
- You’re completely in charge of deciding what you explore and how you do it.
- Your learning doesn’t depend on
school, so you can do the Challenge on your own outside of class.
- You lead your learning, so no more than 1/3 of your time in the Challenge is spent in adult-led experiences like classes, camp, or study abroad programs.
- You have 10 weeks to use your grant and complete your Challenge. All learning journeys must be finished by December 22, 2019.
- You are between 15 and 19 years old.
- You live or go to school in the U.S.
Answer these four application questions. We can’t wait to hear your thoughts!
We’ll ask for some basic information in the online application, and you’ll need to answer these four questions to apply for the Challenge:
- What topic or skills are you planning to explore? Why are you passionate about this?
- How will this learning help you be successful, now or in the future?
- What are your goals for your Challenge? What do you hope to learn?
- How do you plan to accomplish your goals?
How to Submit Your Application
Decide how you want to submit your answers to these four questions. It could be as a poem, video, song, essay, presentation, voice recording, video recording on a camera or phone, written on the online application — or something else! Past Challengers have answered the four main questions in all of these formats, but remember that your responses are where you get to tell us in detail what you want to pursue
After the section asking for some basic information, you’ll see a question where you tell us how you want to submit answers to the four main questions listed above. You have lots of options, like:
- Written in the online application form
- Emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By including a digital link to your application materials.
- If you live in rural CO, you can choose an interview with our CO Program Manager.
Thanks, and good luck!
Already Have Your Application Ready?
Here are a few examples of how past GripTape Challengers have applied.