SHOULD I APPLY?
Ask yourself these 3 questions:
- Am I between 14 to 19 years old?
- Do I have an interest or passion I want to pursue and learn about on my own terms?
- Do I lack the resources or opportunities to pursue my interests?
If you answered YES to all 3 questions, apply to become a GripTape Challenger!
How to Prepare Your Learning Challenge Application
First, decide what topic or skill you want to explore. Then, decide how you want to answer the four application questions. You can write an essay, send an email, upload a video, provide a digital link, make a powerpoint… or whatever you want. It’s totally up to you!
The Application Questions Are:
1. Share your passion. Tell us about the topic you want to pursue for your Learning Challenge.
2. The BIG Why? It’s important for us to know why this Learning Challenge matters to you.
3. This is a learning challenge. As you dive into your learning, what do you want to discover about your topic?
4. The 10 weeks are in your hands. In detail, tell us what you plan to do during that time.
*Note that you MUST fill out the entire application in one session. You cannot save and go back in, so prepare your answers ahead of time.
Here Are Some Examples of Strong Applications!
Typed directly into the online form:
Tips and Ideas:
- You don’t have to be a writer! In fact, we love to get video applications!
- We’d love to see your passion, goals, and initiative! Be the most authentic version of who you are.
- You can use videos, pictures, songs, poems, drawings … you decide. It’s ALL up to you!
GripTape Winter 2022 Learning Challenge Guidelines
You’re completely in charge of deciding what you explore and how you do it.
Your learning doesn’t depend on school, so you can do the Challenge on your own outside of class.
You lead your learning, so no more than 1/3 of your time and grant in the Challenge is spent in adult-led experiences like classes, camp, or study abroad programs.
You have 10 weeks to complete your Challenge. Winter 2022 Learning Challenges must be completed by April 9, 2022.
You are between 14 and 19 years old.
You live or go to school in the U.S.