THE Entrepreneur’s CHALLENGE
We're so excited you want to become a GripTape Entrepreneur Challenger!Please note that the Entrepreneur’s Challenge is only open to applicants who live in Colorado’s San Luis Valley.
First, decide what type of business you want to launch. Then decide how you want to answer the five main application questions listed below. You can provide a digital link to materials you create, upload a video, write an essay, send an email, make a PowerPoint … or whatever you want. It’s totally up to you!
Please note that the Entrepreneur’s Challenge is only open to applicants who live in rural Colorado. Our next application opens May 1, 2021.
To apply, you need to be:
- Really excited to launch a business
- Ready to launch a business that earns money in 10 weeks
- Eager to develop your business skills
- Between 14–19 years old
- Live in rural Colorado
Your application does NOT have to be an essay or written work. You can be as creative as you want. You can share a video, powerpoint, website, sketch, picture, poster, or any other creative medium you come up with!
A strong application will:
- Demonstrate your passion for being an entrepreneur and the business you want to start
- Show a strong vision for what your business will look like when it’s up and running
- Describe the skills you’re hoping to learn
These five questions are at the heart of your application, so make sure to prepare and answer them beforehand. Your application should respond to these five questions:
1. Tell us about your business idea. What business do you want to build, and who will be your customers?
2. What is your vision for your business? What will it look like once it’s up and running?
3. What skills are you hoping to develop through this Challenge?
4. What are your goals? What are you aiming to accomplish through this learning?
5. What is your plan for reaching your goals?
Tips and Ideas
You don’t have to be a writer! There are lots of ways to show your passion, goals, and initiative! You can use videos, pictures, songs, poems, drawings … you decide. It’s ALL up to you! Whatever you choose, we want you to be the most authentic version of who you are.
Alumni Entrepreneur Challengers
Jayden handcrafted and sold metal and wood rings and launched “Jay’s Jewelers”
– Town: Alamosa, CO
– School: Alamosa High School
– Age: 17
– Quote: “You’re never too young to live your dream and start your own business”
– Town: Antonito, CO
– School: Antonito High School
– Age: 18
– Quote: “Becoming a GripTape Entrepreneur gave me a chance to turn a passion into a business”
Other Entrepreneur Challengers’ Businesses
- Ring making
- Custom planners/organizers
- Media Agency
- Pet Photography
- Upcycling clothing