THE Entrepreneur’s CHALLENGE
We're so excited you want to become an Entrepreneur Challenger!
Please note that the Entrepreneur’s Challenge is only open to applicants who live in rural Colorado.
First, decide what type of business you want to launch. Then decide how you want to answer the four main application questions listed below. You can provide a digital link to materials you create, upload a video, write an essay, send an email, make a PowerPoint…or whatever you want. It’s totally up to you!
Please note that the GripTape Entrepreneur’s Challenge is open only to applicants who live in rural Colorado.
To apply, you need to be:
- Really excited to launch a business
- Ready to launch a business that earns money in 10 weeks
- Eager to develop your business skills
- Between 14–19 years old
- Live in rural Colorado
Your application does NOT have to be an essay or written work. You can be as creative as you want. You can share a video, powerpoint, website, sketch, picture, poster, or any other creative medium you come up with!
A strong application will:
- Demonstrate your passion for being an entrepreneur and the business you want to start
- Show a strong vision for what your business will look like when it’s up and running
- Describe the skills you’re hoping to learn
These four questions are at the heart of your application, so make sure to prepare and answer them beforehand. Your application should respond to these five questions:
- Share your passion. Tell us about the business you want to pursue.
- The BIG Why? It’s important for us to know why starting or growing this business matters to you.
- This is a learning challenge. As you dive into your business, what do you want to discover about entrepreneurship?
- The 10 weeks are in your hands. In detail, tell us what you plan to do during that time.
Tips and Ideas
You don’t have to be a writer! There are lots of ways to show your passion, goals, and initiative! You can use videos, pictures, songs, poems, drawings…you decide. It’s ALL up to you! Whatever you choose, we want you to be the most authentic version of who you are.
Alumni Entrepreneur Challengers
Jayden handcrafted and sold metal and wood rings and launched “Jay’s Jewelers”
– Town: Alamosa, CO
– School: Alamosa High School
– Age: 17
– Quote: “You’re never too young to live your dream and start your own business”
– Town: Antonito, CO
– School: Antonito High School
– Age: 18
– Quote: “Becoming a GripTape Entrepreneur gave me a chance to turn a passion into a business”
Other Entrepreneur Challengers’ Businesses
- Ring making
- Custom planners/organizers
- Media Agency
- Pet Photography
- Upcycling clothing