“I’ve learned there’s a gift that costs nothing, but means everything. Saying to someone I believe in you.”
— GripTape Champion, Laura Johnson
Already a Champion?
Empower. ENCOURAGE. BE INSPIRED.
GripTape Champions are an integral part of our Learning Challenge model. Champions provide deep and unwavering belief in the ability of youth, and bear witness to the limitless possibilities that arise when young people are empowered to lead their own learning.
SIGN UP TO BECOME A CHAMPION.
Our Champion community is growing — and we want you to join!
Let the numbers speak!
- 97% of Challengers said they enjoyed talking to their Champion.
- 95% of Challengers agreed that their Champion was a helpful source of encouragement.
- 91% of Challengers said their Champion played a valuable role in helping them be successful with their journey.
- 86% of Challengers agreed that having a Champion interested in their journey helped them stay motivated.
• Unwavering belief in youth to drive their
• Genuine interest in the learning experiences
of young people
• The ability to commit 5–10 hours over the
course of 12 weeks
• Virtual training sessions
• A Champion Guide
• Support and resources from the
• A passionate volunteer community
CHAMPION AND CHALLENGER SPOTLIGHT
Read what GripTape Champion Christine and her Challenger Vy had to say about their Champion-Challenger relationship and the impact it had on them both!
I looked forward to each and every meeting with my Challenger, Vy. It was inspirational reading her proposal, but watching her discover and deepen her passion for robotics during her journey was a singular experience. Her energy was addictive, and I was eager to hear about all she was learning and the robot she was building during our calls.
I consider myself an educator, but I rarely, if ever, get the kind of one-on-one experience with a youth I got as a GripTape Champion. To watch a young person take the seedling of a dream and turn it into a unique, serious educational exploration was invaluable and unlike anything I had ever done.
— GripTape Champion, Christine
One of the things I enjoyed most about working with my Champion is how supportive she was during my journey. I was deeply inspired by her positivity and optimism. But with all her enthusiasm in helping me, she made it clear that I would have all the freedom to decide for myself how I wanted my learning journey to look like. So I was on my own – but I was not alone on this journey.
— GripTape Challenger Alumna, Vy
Still need some more persuading?
See what Challenger Alumni had to say about the value of a GripTape Champion:
My Griptape Champion, Ms. Zoey was very encouraging.Zack, Concord, VA