How to Prepare Your Learning Challenge Application
We’re SO excited you’re interested in the GripTape Learning Challenge and eager to know what you’re passionate about and how you plan to learn about it!
GripTape Learning Challenge Guidelines:
- You’re completely in charge of deciding what learning you explore and how you do it.
- Your learning doesn’t depend on school, so you can do this on your own outside of class.
- No more than 1/3 of your time in the Challenge is spent in adult-led experiences like classes, camp, or study abroad programs.
- You can use your grant and complete your Challenge in 10 weeks.
- You are between 15 and 19 years old.
- You live or go to school in the U.S.
What to Think About Before You Apply:
We’ll ask for some basic information in the online application, and you’ll need to answer these four questions to apply for the Challenge:
- What topic or skills are you planning to explore throughout this Challenge? Why are you passionate about this?
- How will this learning help you be successful, now or in the future?
- What are your goals for your Challenge? What do you hope to learn?
- How do you plan to accomplish your goals?
Decide how you want to submit your answers to these four questions. It could be as a poem, video, song, essay, presentation, voice recording, video interview with a GripTape team member — or something else! Some past Challengers have answered the four main questions in the form of a poem, song, PPT, video, or voice recording. Your answers are where you get to tell us in detail what you want to pursue with this opportunity. Inspire us!
After the section asking for some basic information, you’ll see a question where you indicate how you want to submit your answers to the four main questions listed above. Your options are:
- Written in the online application form
- Emailed to us at email@example.com
- By including a digital link to your application materials or a phone number where we can reach you to schedule a video interview.
Please note that you must complete the online application form in one session, regardless of how you choose to share the responses to the four main application questions. This application period will close on August 5.
Thanks, and good luck!
Here are a few examples of how past GripTape Challengers have applied.